Before Waxing - what to Know
Benefits of waxing:
The hair that returns will be much thinner and finer with smaller more shallow roots, over time the follicle will no longer produce a blood supply which means hair removal will become permanent. You will also see more glow since hair removal exfoliates the skin, softer outgrowth with no more rough stubble reducing ingrown hairs. No more razor burn or cuts!
- Waxing can be done once the hair is 1/4 to 1/2 inch long and usually about no more than every 4-6 weeks for the body and 2-3 weeks for the facial regions. We highly recommend not tweezing in between your treatment sessions for optimal results.
Specific Benefits of Nufree:
Nufree is the only antibacterial, antimicrobial, non-wax hair removal system in the world.
Because it's not a wax, Nufree never stick to your skin; so you won't experience the pain, redness, or swelling of typical wax treatments.
Nufree uproots the entire bulb and hair shaft and doesn't break the hair off the way shavers and waxes do.
Nufree is safe for over 98% of the body - that's why licensed professionals worldwide choose Nufree over any other method of hair removal.
How To Prepare:
- The hair must be at least ¼ of an inch long or have 3 weeks outgrowth to be removed successfully.
- The first time wax appointment is the most painful, by the second wax it will be much easier.
- Getting a brazilian or other body waxing service? You should trim all thick areas down to ¼ of an inch. If you are unsure or uncomfortable about trimming your hair down to this length, we will gladly trim your hair for you professionally for an additional fee of $10.00.
- Please, no sunbathing 48 hrs prior to hair removal.
- Come to your appointment freshly showered and clean of ALL oils and lotions.
- Loofah or gently exfoliate your skin prior to your appointment (best the night before, if possible).
- Wear loose clothing.
The client will sign a waiver of liability, detailing all the facts of the waxing procedure. If in fact you are having any kind of bikini / Brazilian wax, you will be offered options:
- Wear a disposable panty
- Go nude
The Aesthetician will prepare the area. Your Aesthetician will will use one or both of the following:
- Hard Wax
- Nufree Non-wax Soy Based Hair Removal Liquid
The waxing site will then be cleansed of any excess wax, and then cooled down with a suitable calming agent.
The Pain Factor, things to reduce the sting:
- Take over the counter Pain Killer (caution: some medications are blood thinners increasing chance of bruising during service, use non-blood thinning products. ask your doctor for advice on which one to choose. )
- The first wax is the most painful, by the second wax it will be much easier. The third and fourth wax it will be even better, you will then start to have roughly the same discomfort each time. The hair follicle is not as deep in the skin and has a barely any blood supply if you come approximately every 4 weeks to start.
- Clients can take an antacid or antihistamine, 10-20 minutes prior to hair removal. An antacid can reduce the acid in your system thus reducing sensitivity. An antihistamine can help prevent swelling due to inflammation in the body.
- Ideally, clients should have little or no caffeine in their systems. Caffeine heightens sensitivity.
- Waxing during your menstrual cycle is not recommended. During your cycle your body is more sensitive due to hormonal changes, thus causing the treatment to be more painful. Although we have many regular visitors that end up removing hair during their cycle and have no problems!